- Renewable energy
- Real Estate
- Data Centers
- International Trade & Logistics
The Imperial Valley College (IVC), San Diego State University (SDSU) and the University of Phoenix are the Valley's main institutions for higher education and are key contributors to the growing qualified work force the valley has to offer.
- San Diego State University offers a variety of degrees typically for 3rd and 4th year students accepting transfer students from IVC. The Imperial Valley University Partnership (IVUP) program allows incoming freshmen to complete their Bachelor’s Degree locally through a partnership between IVC, SDSU, and the Imperial County Office of Education (ICOE).
- Imperial County residents interested in career technical education can also attend a number of accredited institutions that offer a variety of vocational training programs (ICCEDS, 2016).
- IVC offers technical careers and certificates and allows students to transfer to the four-year universities of their choice, particularly transferring STEM-focused students.
- The University of Phoenix is a private university and has a campus in El Centro where students can pursue their education through flexible degree programs, through on-campus or online formats.
IVC and the University of Arizona-Yuma entered a memorandum of understanding and formed a partnership in order to allow students more transfer options for earning a bachelor's degree while staying relatively close to their home (Imperial Valley College, 2015)IVC also entered into an MOU with CETYS University in Mexicali, establishing an exchange program, allowing students to do their first two college years at IVC and then transfer to CETYS - the only Mexican university with Western Association of Schools and Colleges accreditation - for their final two years (IVC, 2014).CETYS and SDSU have partnered over several decades, exchanging faculty and students in innovative programs which has enhanced education on both sides of the border (SDSU NewsCenter, 2015). A recent program made up of two concentrations, Business in the Global Marketplace and International Entrepreneurship, was designed and launched by SDSU and CETYS faculty.
|Bachelor's Degree or Higher, Age 25+||15,029||13.96%|
|High School Degree or Higher, Age 25+||72,174||67.03%|
|Civilian Labor Force||70,504||52.94%|
|Median Household Income||$42,560|
|Major airports within area + 100 mile radius||Yuma Mcas/Yuma Intl|
|Regional airports within area + 100 mile radius||Imperial County|
|General aviation airports within area + 50 mile radius|